Good Morning! It’s Wednesday, which means tutorial day at Catch the Bug. Today I have an organizational project for you. I came across this organizational binder/index on SCS last year and have been wanting to make one of my own since then. This will be particularly handy when dealing with digital images since you can resize them.
To start, I cut a few sheets of Pale Plum (a color I have a lot of and am not particularly fond of) in half the long way. Then I lined up my circle nestabilities, incrementally going up in size between the two sets and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I wrote next to each negative die cut, the product number used by Spellbinders and then the number of the die (1-6 or 7, depending on the set). I also wrote with a Sharpie the number on the corresponding die.
As you can see, I also have a sheet of Ainsley’s Brat images. They are sized between 40-55% of the original image. Blog Candy for a Cause
is in the last week — I hope you’ll consider donating — it’s a great cause and there are loads of goodies
up for grabs!
After doing both pieces of paper, I put them in a page protector. This allows me to easily determine which Nestie would fit my image. Here, I can see that the 40% sized image will fit in the S4-116-5 circle, but I can also see that I might want to tweak the location of my 45% image located in the upper right.
I’ve managed to get through my circles and ovals. I’m going to do each major shape in a different color. Still have squares, rectangles, labels, and seasonal shapes to get through. It’s a good TV activity. LOL! Hopefully, this will allow for a bit quicker cardmaking and definitely a bit more organized. Organization is definitely a good thing! I hope you find this useful.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!