Good Morning! Today we have a very special challenge for you. We are helping Operation Write Home celebrate their 1st birthday. If you are not familiar with Operation Write Home, here is a bit about them.
Operation Write Home is an organization that sends blank handmade greeting cards for all occasions to deployed service members to write home on. They’ve mailed approximately 500,000 cards so far—and are still going strong! Our challenge to you is to make cards to send to them for our nation’s heroes.
Here are some basic guidelines:
- No glitter — it is a safety hazard for our soldiers. You can read more HERE about some sparkly things that are okay.
- Handmade cards only, please.
- A2 sized cards, please. You can read more about this HERE.
- Operation Write Home needs to be on the back of each card – it can be stamped, handwritten or printed on labels.
- Include a packing slip inside your box or envelope when you mail in your cards. You can find more info, including the addresses of who to send your cards to HERE.
I was hoping to have a handful of cards to show you today, but time was not on my side this week. However, I do hope to complete a few more to send off to OWH. But I do have a fun JJ card today. She is so spunky! I used the JJ Christmas Cheer – Merry Christmas image and used a very traditional color combo. She has some fun knee high boots, topped with a touch of Glossy Accents. The Basic Gray, Pure Poppy and white are paired with some fun, shiny candy cane striped paper from Me & My Big Ideas. I topped it off with a bow of white organza ribbon and some metallic accents around the sentiment. The layout is Scrappy’s fabulous sketch that was posted on Sunday.
JJ Christmas Cheer
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps JJ Christmas Cheer – Merry Christmas, Gina K The Magic of Christmas
Paper: Basic Grey, Pure Poppy, Select White, Me & My Big Ideas Oh What Fun
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
Copics: E25, E13, E21, E11, R11, C7, C9, C5, C3, R32, R27, G21
Other Stuff: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, ribbon, metallic accents, Nesties