Good Morning! Welcome to the Bugaboo Stamps blog hop! Hopefully, you have arrived here from the oh-so-talented Marilyn’s blog. If not, you should start off at the Catch the Bug challenge blog so you don’t miss any of the fantastic projects!
A few important notes before I show you my project for today.
- Make sure to leave a comment here and on each of the DT member’s blogs — there are free images up for grabs!
- Some of the DT members have letters for you to collect along the way. Make sure to visit all of the blogs to collect the letters and unscramble them to come up with a phrase. Not all DT members have a letter!
- Once you collect and unscramble your letters, email Rae Anne with the correct phrase and Bugaboo Jumble in the subject line for a chance to win 3 images. Rae Anne’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- After finishing the hop, leave a comment on the Catch the Bug blog in the post titled “Leave Comments Here”.
- You have until Saturday, April 17th at 7:00 AM EST to complete the hop.
Okay, I think that is all of the business stuff. Now on to the eye candy! Our challenge this week is to have a bug somewhere on our project — either in image form, ribbon, paper or embellishments.
You may recognize this as the freebie from yesterday. This little lady is so cute. I love red, black & white together and this worked out perfectly. She is colored up with Copics and cut out with Nesties. I used Martha Stewart glitter in Onyx for her antenna and the spots on the ribbon. After putting everything together, following the MOJO Monday sketch #133, I added Diamond Glaze over her jar. (This will warp your paper a bit if you don’t have it adhered down to the nth degree!)
The spots on the red panels are little red line circles (available here) and they are covered with more Onyx glitter. Since this is a special blog hop, I wanted to add in something extra, so I sent my dear, sweet, wonderful husband on a trek to the M&M World store in NYC to get black & red M&Ms. I filled a glass jar and made up a little lady tag for the top.
Wait…I’m not done! I had to make up another card using the SUPER cute Snail Brat.
Isn’t she just adorable?! Who needs a cat nap when you can take a snail nap? LOL! This is one of the new Bugaboo Brat Bugs, all of which I will need to have immediately! If you think this one is cute, wait til you see the caterpillar. I printed her on Very Vanilla and colored her with Copics. For her shell, I took inspiration from the Basic Grey Sugar Rush paper used as background and brushed Opal Shimmerz over the top. I sponged Bashful Blue around the edge to soften it up. Kaisercraft pearls and rhinestone provided the bling. The layout is The Sweet Stop sketch #50.
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps
Paper Basic Black, Pure Poppy, Select White
Other Stuff: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, May Arts ribbon, Diamond Glaze, Candy Dots, Martha Stewart Onyx glitter, Nesties
Stamps:Bugaboo Stamps Snail Brat
Paper:Very Vanilla (SU), Spring Rain (PTI), Spring Moss (PTI), Basic Grey Sugar Rush
Copics: 0, B00, BV00, E00, E11, E21, E39, G00, R02, R46, Y11, YR02
Other Stuff: Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, Opal Shimmerz, Kaisercraft pearls & rhinestones, Spring Rain grosgrain, Nesties
Now you are off to visit the very talented Jeanie @ The Spotted Chick — I’m sure she has something awesome to share with you today. Remember to leave a comment before you go — I read & appreciate each & every one! Plus, it might just get you something today!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!